David is an art educator trained in the British arts and crafts tradition. After teaching in London he emigrated from the UK to Canada where he earned an MA from the University of Calgary and worked for the Calgary Board of Education as art teacher, art consultant, gifted program teacher and fine arts department head. He has worked for the Universities of Calgary and Lethbridge as a sessional instructor. He also worked in the United States as a faculty consultant to the College Board in the Advanced Placement Studio Art Program.
An elected member of the Alberta Society of Artists, the Society of Canadian Artists, and the Canadian Society of Painters in Watercolour David has been successful in having work accepted into national and international juried exhibitions as well as juried traveling exhibitions. He has won national and International awards. He attended two Emma Lake workshops and is an elected member of ‘Group Nine’, a Calgary based group.
David is an experienced awards, exhibition and membership juror and is frequently called upon to critique work of groups and individuals. He also mentors individual artists. His work is represented by “The Collectors’ Gallery”, Calgary.
DAVID HARRISON CV
- 2018 “CANADIAN SOCIETY OF ARTISTS’ OPEN JURIED INTERNATIONAL ON- LINE EXHIBITION”
- 2019 “INTERNATIONALE D’ART MINIATURE” Levis, Quebec
- 2019 “OPEN WATER” Canadian Society of Painters in Watercolour Open International Exhibition. Leighton Centre. Alberta. Award winner.
- 2020 “CANADIAN SOCIETY OF ARTISTS’ OPEN JURIED INTERNATIONAL ON- LINE EXHIBITION”
GROUP NINE EXHIBITIONS
- 2018 “TRANSITIONS” Gordon Snelgrove Gallery, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon. May.
- 2020 “WORKS ON PAPER” The Collectors’ Gallery of Art, Calgary.
- 2021 “IN LIGHT OF THIS TIME : CREATING IN ISOLATION”. Okotoks Art Gallery. Alberta. January and February
- 2021 “IN LIGHT OF THIS TIME : CREATING IN ISOLATION”. The Collectors’ Gallery of Art, Calgary. March
- 2021 “WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES”. Leighton Art Centre, Alberta. July.
ALBERTA SOCIETY OF ARTISTS EXHIBITIONS
- 2017 – 19 “WATER”. Alberta Society 0f Artists’ Juried Exhibition -Calgary Central Library, Fish Creek Library – Calgary, Crowfoot Library – Calgary, Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital – Edmonton, AB.
- 2017 “DIASPORA” Alberta Society of Artists Open Juried Exhibition: Fish Creek Public Library – Calgary.
- 2018 “GEOMETRY”. Alberta Society of Artists Open Provincial Juried Traveling Exhibition – Jubilee Auditorium – Edmonton, Western G.M. Gallery – Drumheller, Crowsnest Gallery at Frank – Alberta, Central Library – Calgary.
- 2018 “THE ARTIST’S LENS” Alberta Society of Artists Open Juried Photographic Exhibition in conjunction with Exposure Festival, Artpoint Gallery – Calgary. Juror
- 2018 “AIR” Alberta Society of Artists’ Juried Traveling Exhibition – Edmonton, Drumheller and Calgary
- 2019 “EARTH” Alberta Society of Artists’ Juried Traveling Exhibition – Edmonton and Calgary.
- 2020 “ARTISTS’ LENS” Albert Society of Artists’ Juried Traveling Exhibition – Photographic Exhibition in conjunction with Exposure Festival – Calgary.
- 2020 “BIG LEAP” Alberta Society of Artists’ Juried Exhibition – Calgary, Celebrating the ASA new gallery
- 2021 “INTO THE LIGHT” Alberta Society of Artists’ Juried Traveling Exhibition – Art Gallery of Alberta, Edmonton. Drumheller, Crowsnest and Calgary With published catalogue.
TREX TRAVELING EXHIBITIONS:
- 2011 “THE FOREST”
- 2015 “EMMA LAKE : LANDSCAPE ABSTRACTED” 2019 “LIFE, STILL”
ONE PERSON EXHIBITIONS:
- 2021 “OFF THE GRID : WORKS ON PAPER” Smithers Art Gallery , British Columbia.
- 2021 “LINES OF FORCE” Alberta Society of Artists Gallery – Calgary.